1/1 Photo of Rose Petal Jam
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree rose petals, 3/4 cup water and lemon juice in blender until smooth.
- 2Slowly add sugar.
- 3Blend till all sugar has dissolved; (leave in blender) Stir 1 package pectin (ie. Sure Jell) into 3/4 cup water, bring to a boil, and boil hard for 1 minute. Pour mixture into blender with rose petal mixture until well blended.
- 4Do this very quickly - it sets up FAST!! Pour into baby food jars.
- 5Let set for 6 hours, till firm.
- 6Will keep one month in refrigerator.
- 7Freezes well.
- 8This next recipe was donated by Gina: Rose Hip Jelly 8 cups of rose hips 6 cups of water 1 box of certo 1/2 cup lemon juice 5 cups of sugar Boil the rose hips for 10 - 15 min.
- 9until soft enough to crush.
- 10Crush them and squeeze through cloth, to make juice. For every 4 cups of juice add one box of certo and bring to a boil.
- 11Add the 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 5 cups of sugar (1/2 tsp. of marg to prevent foam).
- 12Bring to a boil and boil hard for 2 min.
- 13Remove from heat and pour into sterilized jars and seal with caps and rings.
- 14The jelly has a wonderful flavor and is the consistency of liguid honey.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rose Petal Jam
Serving Size: 1 (954 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2108.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 116.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 548.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 500.2 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh rose petals