Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Puree rose petals, 3/4 cup water and lemon juice in blender until smooth.
- Slowly add sugar.
- Blend till all sugar has dissolved; (leave in blender) Stir 1 package pectin (ie. Sure Jell) into 3/4 cup water, bring to a boil, and boil hard for 1 minute. Pour mixture into blender with rose petal mixture until well blended.
- Do this very quickly - it sets up FAST!! Pour into baby food jars.
- Let set for 6 hours, till firm.
- Will keep one month in refrigerator.
- Freezes well.
- This next recipe was donated by Gina: Rose Hip Jelly 8 cups of rose hips 6 cups of water 1 box of certo 1/2 cup lemon juice 5 cups of sugar Boil the rose hips for 10 - 15 min.
- until soft enough to crush.
- Crush them and squeeze through cloth, to make juice. For every 4 cups of juice add one box of certo and bring to a boil.
- Add the 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 5 cups of sugar (1/2 tsp. of marg to prevent foam).
- Bring to a boil and boil hard for 2 min.
- Remove from heat and pour into sterilized jars and seal with caps and rings.
- The jelly has a wonderful flavor and is the consistency of liguid honey.
I made this jam for my grandfather about 12 years ago - he couldn't get enough. Try and find rose petals with a very strong scent - it adds to the romance and flavour! Excellent dolloped on scones topped with whipped cream. Thanks for posting it.