Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This iced tea is amazing - it smells, looks & tastes divine! This is easy to make, please don't be put off by the time it takes for the rose flavours to infuse.... Time to make doesn't include, chilling or resting time!
- 3 large roses (petals only, white bases removed)
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 1 drop pink food coloring (just a TINY DROP)
- 3 green tea bags
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Bring the 3 cups water to a boil. Add the rose petals and lemon juice then turn off the heat and allow it to sit for 8-10 hours.
- Strain the 'rose water' into large jug. Remove petals & discard.
- Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat and place in the tea bags. Brew for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags, and add the granulated sugar to the tea. Stir.
- Allow the tea to cool then add the 2 tsp rose water, the food colouring and stir. Serve well chilled over ice.
Who could believe so unusual could be made from your own garden! Because I didn't have red food colouring, mine is not as prettily pink, but the smell is amazing! This lovely refreshing iced tea was made for Think Pink 2013, thank you!