Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this from my dad's mom, it is an old fashioned junket set with rennet. You cannt move it while it is setting or it will seperate.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 drops triple strength rose water
- 2 teaspoons rennet
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- rose petal, sugared
- Gently heat the milk and 2 tablespoons of the sugar, stirring constantly until the sugar has melted and the temp reaches 98.6F, or milk feels luke warm.
- Stir rosewater to taste into the milk, then remove the pan from the heat before stirring in the rennet.
- Pour the milk into a serving dish and leave undisturbed for 2-3 hours, until the junket has set.
- Stir the reamining sugar into the cream , then carefully spoon over the junket. Decorate with rose petals.