Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A lovely peach gelatin dessert.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 1⁄2 cups rose wine
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps
- Combine 2 cups water and sugar in a small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin.
- Let gelatin stand 1 minute to soften.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar and gelatin are dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in wine, schnapps, and remaining cup water.
- Pour into a 10-cup mold and chill, covered, until firm, at least 10 hours.
- Dip mold in hot water a few seconds, then invert a plate over gelée and flip gelée onto plate.