Recipe by Pioneer
This recipe is from the archives of Pioneer Lodge, a Seniors residence. This chicken goes well with rice. Nice texture. Have some stir fried veggies too.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved and sliced in long slivers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 1⁄3 cup celery, cut on the bias
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix egg, flour & salt; roll the chicken in this mixture.
- Heat oil and fry the chicken, stir constantly while frying, using medium heat.
- When the chicken starts to brown, appr 10 minutes, add tomato juice, garlic, pineapple & celery.
- Mix well, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a bowl blend the cornstarch, honey & ginger; stir well and then add the soy sauce & sherry.
- Pour over chicken and cook, stirring, until it is creamy& thickened.