1/1 Photo of Rose Murray's Quick Pickled Beets
One of our members has been looking for a pickled beet recipe that isn't on the sweet side, and I just found this so I'm posting it so we can all share. I've not made it (but I likely will since pickled beets are a favourite of mine) but any recipe from Rose Murray, one of Canada's great cookbook authors, is definitely to be trusted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2Wash the beets well and remove all but one inch of stem and tails; place in a shallow pan and pour in water to come up about 1/4 inch.
- 3Cover pan with foil and bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes, or until beets are tender when you pierce them with a knife.
- 4Old beets will take longer than newer beets, and bigger beets will, of course, take longer to become tender than smaller beets.
- 5Drain cooked beets, let cool until you can touch them, then slip off the skins and into quarter-inch rounds and place in a serving bowl.
- 6In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients except the oil, then slowly whisk in the oil; pour over beets and toss gently.
- 7It's recommended the beets be refrigerated before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rose Murray's Quick Pickled Beets
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 84.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.2 g