1 hr 15 mins
This is a variation on the classic chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. When garlic is slowly simmered, it mellows and becomes almost sweet in flavor. Serve this stew with crusty bread to mop up the juices. Spread bread with the butter-like softened garlic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large firm garlic heads, unsprouted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces or 6 chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground if possible
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1Separate garlic into cloves. Add to a small pan of boiling water and simmer 1 minute. Drain and let cool. Remove the peel.
- 2Add olive oil to a large nonstick skillet with a well-fitted lid. Bring to medium-high heat. Season chicken with the salt salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook, turning, until lightly browned on all sides, 6-8 minutes.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for at least 45 minutes or till garlic is soft.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rose Marie's Immu-Booster Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.0
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 296.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 26.7 g