Prep 15 mins
Cook 2160 hrs
Use only well cleaned organic rose petals for this.
- 1 cup rose petal
- 3 cups vodka
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon glycerin (optional)
- food coloring (optional)
- In a quart jar, add petals, 1 cup sugar, and vodka.
- Seal jar tightly, and place in a dry, dark place for about 2 weeks.
- After two weeks, strain the liquid using a double layer of cheese cloth. Gently squeeze the petals, getting as much juice as possible.
- In a fresh quart jar, add the second cup of sugar, glycerin, coloring, water to top and the strained liquid. Seal and store again in a dark place until sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar has all dissolved, bottle the resulting liqueur in a fresh bottle and let age for roughly 3 months.