Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got allot of these, I bought tons of recipe boxes from an auction recently, they are all on hand written index cards. NOTE: none of these have time or servings on them so I am guesstimating those.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice (Do not drain)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda (add last)
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, crushed
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixing bowl beat eggs. Add sugar, flour and salt. mix well. Add vanilla extract, pineapple and walnuts; mix well.
- Spray an 11 x 17-inch pan.
- Add baking soda to mixture and pour in pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting cake.
- Melt margarine.
- Put margarine, cream cheese and Cool Whip in bowl; mix well.
- Add nuts.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Pour over cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
This cake was AMAZING! The density of the cake reminded me of a real rich oatmeal cake, and the frosting was so sweet and out of this world GOOOOOOD! Some of our company had thirds of this - it was THAT good.