Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Blueberries to Wild Roses – A Northwoods Wild Foods Cookbook by Dottie Reeder Rose hip syrup also makes a fantastic substitution for simple syrups in coctails or lemonade.
- Combine rose hips, mint, apple and tea in saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for about an hour.
- Add sugar to liquid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and boil lightly for 15 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent syrup from sticking to the pan.
- Store syrup in refrigerator until ready for use.