Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was passed on from a friend and collegaue Dorthe Nielsen, and sure did pack a punch. Rose hip jam can be difficult to come by, so you can either try to make it yourself or use a different jam. I used apricot jam and it turned out fine!
- Mix the butter and 125g sugar well.
- Stir in the egg yolks one by one. Mix the flour and the baking powder, and then mix it into the egg yolk mixture alternately with the milk.
- Cover the bottom of a greased 23 x 33cm baking tray with the mixture you've just made.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 170 degrees celcius (or gas mark 4), or until the surface is firm.
- Once firm, leave the base to cool slightly. Then, cover it with a layer of rose hip jam.
- For the meringue, beat the egg whites until they are stiff, and then whip in the remaining sugar.
- Layer the meringue on top of the jam.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 150 degrees celcius (or gas mark 2), or until the meringue is stiff and golden.