Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A recipe from About.com. I haven't tried this yet, but plan to when the rose hips are ready!
Make and share this Rose Hip Crumble Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1. Prepare pastry and line a pie pan.
- 2. Soften rose hips in milk.
- 3. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cream in shortening and brown sugar, mixing well. This makes a crumbly mixture--reserve one cup for topping. To the remainder add the egg yolks and rose hips.
- 4. Beat the egg whites until peaks form. Fold into the berry mixture.
- 5. Spoon into pie pan and sprinkle with crumbly topping. Garnish with pecans if desired.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.