Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These Rose Geranium cookies are simply perfect, and not too sweet. Nice to serve with an herbal tea, like a bee balm blend. They are a great make-ahead recipe and freeze well, too! Recipe comes from Virginia Murphy- owner of the charming Herboretum Farm here in the Temecula Valley.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 teaspoons rose-scented geranium leaves, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 dozen small rose-scented geranium leaves, for garnish
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, milk and rose water.
- Sift dry ingredients and add them together with the chopped leaves to the creamed mixture, stirring until well mixed.
- Drop by teaspoons onto ligtly greased cookie sheet and press a single rose geranium leaf deep into each cookie.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie rack.
- Makes@ 3 dozen cookies.