Recipe by Missy Wombat
From the kitchen of Rose Elliot, Britain's foremost vegetarian cookery writer.
- 125 g flour (can be white or a mix of half white and half wholemeal)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 300 ml skim milk or 300 ml milk and water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the flour in a bowl and beat in the eggs, oil or butter and about a third of the milk. Mix until smooth, then gradually beat in the rest of the milk. The batter should be the consistency of single cream.
- Heat a 15 cm fry pan over a low heat and brush it with a little oil or butter.
- When the pan is hot enough to sizzle if a drop of water is flicked into it, pour in 2 T of batter and tilt the pan until the base is thinly coated.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes until the top is set, then using a palette knife and your fingers, flip the crepe over and cook the other side for a few seconds. Cook the remaining crepes in the same way. Stack them up on a plate, cover them with another plate and keep them warm over a pan of steaming water.