Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is served at the Rose & Crown Pub in Walt Disney World's Epcot.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, cut on bias
- 1 cup leek, whites only, cleaned and diced
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 pie crusts, enough for a two crust pie
- 1 egg, beaten
- Melt butter in a large skillet.Add onion, celery and leeks. Saute until tender (10-15 minutes on medium heat).
- Add cubed chicken meat and continue cooking until chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir well. Add stock, parsley, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line a 2 quart casserole dish at least 2" deep with pie crust. Spoon in filling. Top with more crust. Cut hole in top. Brush with egg.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until crust is golden brown and filling is hot.
- Allow pie to rest 10 minutes before serving.