Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious rose cream sauce for seafood and pasta.
Make and share this Rose Cream Sauce for Seafood recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 3 shallots, minced or 118.29 ml minced sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (or pressed for stronger flavor)
- 118.29 ml lambrusco (sweet red wine)
- 6 roma tomatoes, chopped or 3 medium tomatoes
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 453.59 g large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (31 to 40 count)
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- additional chopped fresh parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and saute shallots or sweet onionsfor 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute another minute. Carefully pour in wine and cook another minute, stirring constantly. Add choppedtomatoes, oregano, and basil, stirring to combine. Simmer about 5 minutes for flavors to blend. Add heavy cream to tomato mixture. Continue cooking until reduced and somewhat thickened. Add shrimp and fresh basil to tomato cream sauce and simmer, turning often, only until pink and opaque. (Do not overcook or the shrimp will become tough.) Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve immediately over cooked angel hair pasta. Yield: 4 servings .