Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The perfect treat to go with scones at your English tea party. Adapted from a 17th century recipe in The Accomplisht Cook by Robert May and clipped from a London newspaper.
- Soak the leaves of gelatin for 5 minues, then squeeze out and dissolve in rosewater in a cup, placed in a pan of boiling water.
- Gently heat a quarter of the cream, dissolve the sugar and then stir in the gelatin.
- When it has dissolved, remove from the heat and add the rest of the cream.
- Pour into a wetted mould and chill until it sets.
- Tip from the mould and decorate with petals or fruit.