Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I saw this at the Rose Cove restaurant in Ogunquit, ME, and I thought I would try to duplicate. However, the description of the RC version just says "and our special home-made dressing" so I am improvising with the dressing. It just sounded good to me! Cooking time is chilling time.
For the salad
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup pistachios, shelled
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons stonewall kitchen habanero mango hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon stonewall kitchen country ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Blanch the broccoli florets, drain, and set aside.
- To make the aioli, blend 1c mayonaise, 1.5 tsp stonewall kitchen habanero mango hot sauce, 1 tps stonewall kitchen country ketchup, and 1/2 tps minced garlic.
- Combine the broccoli, onion, pistachios, feta cheese and aioli. Chill for 1 or more hours. Serve.
I had the Rose Cove Broccoli Salad in Ogunquit this past August. It is really fantastic! I had no intention of ordering it - but the man in front of me in line ordered it - and then I had to try it too. Wow! I bought it the next day as well. I asked them the dressing, and they told me it was mayo, white vinegar and sugar. I just tried duplicating it and it came out pretty well, although I "blanched" the broccoli a bit too long. I am watching calories so I only used 1/4 of mayo for the dressing - it still made enough to coat all the broccoli lightly. Your dressing sounds interesting, perhaps I will try next time.