lynnski / LA's Note:
This popular salad is from the Rose Cafe, located near the beach in Venice California. I like to serve this with Mexican dishes such as chili, it provides a cool contrast to spicy food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 jicama, peeled and cut into french-fry size strips (about 2 pounds)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut lengthwise into strips
- 2 green bell peppers, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and cut into narrow strips (optional)
- 1 large red onion, quartered lenthwise
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- Italian dressing, your favorite
- 1Use only one quarter of the red onion; and cut it into strips lengthwise (save the rest for another use).
- 2In a large bowl, mix the jicama strips, bell pepper strips, jalapeno strips (if using) and onion strips togethe; add the Italian dressing, to taste and mix; this can be done a few hours ahead.
- 3Top with the fresh cilanto leaves just before serving.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rose Cafe Jicama Salad
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh cilantro leaves