Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This popular salad is from the Rose Cafe, located near the beach in Venice California. I like to serve this with Mexican dishes such as chili, it provides a cool contrast to spicy food.
- 1 jicama, peeled and cut into french-fry size strips (about 2 pounds)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut lengthwise into strips
- 2 green bell peppers, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and cut into narrow strips (optional)
- 1 large red onion, quartered lenthwise
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- Italian dressing, your favorite
- Use only one quarter of the red onion; and cut it into strips lengthwise (save the rest for another use).
- In a large bowl, mix the jicama strips, bell pepper strips, jalapeno strips (if using) and onion strips togethe; add the Italian dressing, to taste and mix; this can be done a few hours ahead.
- Top with the fresh cilanto leaves just before serving.