Recipe by Grannie B
This is a very rich and very wonderful moist cake with an amazing flavor. It's called "Rose Cake" because I use a rose shaped bundt pan for a beautiful presentation. This cake is so rich, that it doesn't need frosting. I dust it with confectioners sugar. It is lovely served w/ fresh fruit...I like fresh strawberries with it! COOKS NOTE: Use cake flour only, and REAL butter and REAL vanilla!
- 2 3⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature. Position a rack in the lower third of oven and preheat to 325°F Thoroughly grease and flour a rose bundt pan (or a any bundt pan).
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 min., occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Increase the speed to med-high and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Beat in the vanilla and lime juice.
- Reduce the mixing speed to low and add the flour mixture in three additions, beating each addition until just incorporated; stop the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the lime zest.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, making the sides about 1 inch higher than the center.
- Bake until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean, 65 to 70 minutes.
- Cool in pan about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Dust cooled cake lightly with confectioners sugar.