Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Rosa Mexicano restaurants. This is traditional and yummy.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8 ounce) medium-ripe Hass avocadoes
- 3 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- fresh ground black pepper
- Grind first 4 ingredients together using a bowl and pestel until well ground.
- Cut the avocados in half. Twist halves to separate and remove the pit with the tip of your knife. Place an avocado half, cut side up, in your palm and make 3-4 evenly spaced lengthwise cuts through the flesh down to the skin, without cutting through the skin. Make 4 crosswise cuts in the same location.
- Scoop the diced avacado flesh into a medium bowl. Repeat with remaining avacodos. Gently fold the avocado flesh into the chili-onion paste, keeping the avocado pieces fairly intact.
- Add 3 tablespoons of diced tomatoes, 2 firmly packed tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro, and 1 tablespoons finely chopped white onion.
- Fold all ingredients togethers. Taste and add salt and pepper as necessary. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.