Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is another recipe straight from the coupon section of the Sunday newspaper :-) It is a Rosarita original recipe. It is fantastic for a super bowl party (or any other party, for that matter).
- 1 (10 ounce) canro-tel diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained,reserve juice
- 1 (16 ounce) canrosarita traditional refried beans
- 1 (12 ounce) containerrefrigerated prepared guacamole
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (fiesta/Mexican-blend is best)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- tortilla chips
- Reserve 1/2 cup drained tomatoes, set aside.
- Blend remaining tomatoes and reserved juice with beans in small bowl.
- Spread bean-tomato mixture into 8x8 inch baking dish or round casserole dish.
- Top with guacamole.
- Blend sour cream and taco seasoning mix together in small bowl.
- Spread over guacamole.
- Top evenly with layers of cheese, olives, green onions, and reserved tomatoes.
- Chill for 2 hours prior to serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips!
Yum! I loved the idea of using the Rotel to mix with the beans & as the tomato topper; it really adds flavor. I made my own guacamole, and I left out the black olives & added a layer of chopped iceberg lettuce (I like the crunch it adds). This dip is so easy to prepare and was a great addition to our Super Bowl spread. I am going to use the leftover to top taco salads for dinner.