1 hr 30 mins
There's nothing like homemade chicken soup! Great comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed, save 2 cups liquid off of chicken
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1In a large kettle, combine 1 cup water, water off of chicken, onion, celery and carrots.
- 2Bring to a soft boil and cook until carrots are tender.
- 3Add chicken, salt, pepper and broth. Simmer on low. Start making spaetzle.
- 4In a separate saucepan combine 4 cups water.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6In a mixing bowl combine eggs, flour, 1/2 cup water salt and baking powder. Beat well.
- 7Drop small teaspoons of batter into boiling water, cook until spaetzle floats on top of water.
- 8Scoop spaetzle out with a slotted spoon and add to soup.
- 9Simmer soup on low for 30 minutes (or more) to flavor through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosanne's Chicken Spaetzle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.2
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 1436.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: