Recipe by Melanie B.
This is a sweet salad that my grandma used to make. I love how she always mispelled and mis-pronounced "rosamarina".
Top Review by ladypit
We had a party over the weekend. While it wasn't impromptu, it was moved up 6 hours and I had to scramble to come up with some side dishes. I found this which used all things I had. I used more mandarin oranges and less pineapple (due to what I had) and left out the nuts and the cherries. We enjoyed this sweet easy salad. It makes a HUGE amount and I was surprised at how well it kept. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb orzo pasta, rosmarino pasta
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (cool whip)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain well.
- Drain juice from oranges and pineapple into a bowl. Add sugar, eggs, flour and salt to the juice. Cook over medium heat in a saucepan until thickened. pour over pasta and let stand overnight.
- The next day, fold in the fruit, nuts, and whipped topping. You can mix the cherries into the salad or use on top as a garnish.