Kelly M.'s Note:
My mom, Rosalie, made this pie for the first time about 20 years ago. Everyone that has had it asks for the recipe, and it is known by all of her friends all over the country as "Rosalie's Ice Cream Pie". It is my favorite ice cream pie. You can use different flavors of ice cream if you like, but I still prefer the original. Prep time does not include freezer time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1 pint vanilla ice cream in refrigerator to soften slightly, about 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir peanut butter and corn syrup until blended, then add rice krispies, stirring until well coated.
- 3Spray a 9 or 10 inch pie plate with cooking spray, then press cereal mixture onto bottom and up sides and form a"stand up" edge.
- 4Evenly spread one pint softened ice cream on crust; freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- 5Meanwhile, prepare fudge sauce: in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, cook sugar, cocoa, heavy cream and butter until mixture is smooth and boils, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove saucepan from heat; stir in vanilla, and cool fudge sauce slightly.
- 7Remove pie from freezer and pour 1 and 1/4 cups fudge sauce over ice cream.
- 8Return pie to freezer and freeze until fudge sauce hardens, about 20 minutes.
- 9Remove second pint of ice cream from its container to medium bowl and let stand at room temperature stirring occasionally, until its of smooth spreading consistency but NOT melted.
- 10Remove pie from freezer and spread ice cream over fudge sauce.
- 11Drizzle remaining fudge sauce over ice cream to make a pretty design.
- 12Return pie to freezer; freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
- 13If not using the same day, when firm, wrap with plastic wrap and foil and put back in freezer.
- 14There is usually extra fudge sauce which I spoon over pie when serving.
- 15Remove pie from freezer for about 10 or 15 minutes to ease slicing.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosalie's Ice Cream Pie With Peanut Butter Crust
Serving Size: 1 (1263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4142.2
- Calories from Fat 2024
- Total Fat 224.9 g
- Saturated Fat 112.3 g
- Cholesterol 536.5 mg
- Sodium 2135.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 522.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.3 g
- Sugars 335.8 g
- Protein 67.7 g