Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rosalie is my mother-in-law. We had this at her house recently and my picky eater step kids loved it! It's simple to make and can be frozen for OAMC.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups pasta, uncooked (elbows, shells, etc)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 -2 can mixed vegetables, drained
- Mix chicken, pasta, celery, milk, and mushroom soup together in 13 x 9 pan. Cover and let sit in refrigerator overnight.
- Before cooking, add mixed vegetables and cheese. Bake @ 350 degrees for one hour.
- For OAMC: mix ingredients as above. Put in 1 ziplock for 8 servings, 2 ziplocks for 4 servings. Label and freeze.
- Night before cooking, take out and defrost over night. Place in 13 x 9 pan (8x8 for 4 servings), add drained mixed vegetables and cheese, bake as above.
Very tasty! I like that I could mix it up the night before and then just bake it for dinner. I made half the recipe for a warm lunch on a cold and raining day. It has a flavor similar to pot pie without the crust. Made for Spring 2010 PAC Orphanage.
This was really simple to throw together. Instead of mushroom soup I used cream of chicken - added some garlic to it and it was so good. I will be making this dish again. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
This was very simple to make but my family said it need more flavor. I will make this again and add some additional seasonings. It was great to put together one night and then throw in the oven the next. Thanks for posting. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2009.