Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 hrs 20 mins
- Heat the milk and bring to boil.
- Cool the milk for a couple of hours.
- Remove the cream layer.
- Reheat the milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the citric acid dissolved in some water.
- Stir slowly till the milk is fully curdled.
- Keep as it is for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the sugar and water in a wide sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Strain the milk through a muslin cloth.
- Wash the chenna in the cloth under cold running water.
- Press out the excess water and remove in a wide plate.
- Gently knead into a soft dough by passing between fingers.
- Make twelve equal sized balls of the dough.
- Let them into the boiling water.
- Cover with a perforated lid.
- Boil for 13-15 minutes .
- Take off from heat and cool them to room temperature.
- Add essence and chill for at least 4-5 hours .
- Serves: 6 helpings Time required: 1/2 hour.