1/2 Photos of Rosabelle's Potato Frittata
Bert's Kitchen Witch's Note:
This was a Sunday-Brunch dish that my Maw-maw Rose would make for the family. I can't say I have ever tried it, because I do not eat eggs, but everyone else loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a large oven-proof skillet, (preferably an iron skillet), cook sausage over medium heat until brown and crumbled (about 10 minutes).
- 2Drain sausage well, reserving 2 TBS pan drippings.
- 3Put drippings back in skillet, and add white and green onions, red and green bell peppers, and diced potatoes; cook, stirring often, until potatoes are browned and tender (about 10-12 minutes).
- 4Mix together sausage, potato -veggie mixture, and well-beaten eggs in a large bowl, stir in Tabasco sauce, salt and black pepper.
- 5Pour all back into skillet, spreading evenly.
- 6Preheat broiler on low.
- 7Cook,covered,on stove-top over low heat, until frittata is set (about 15 minutes).
- 8Place skillet in the oven, under broiler until nicely browned on top (about 5-7 minutes).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosabelle's Potato Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.7
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 345.5 mg
- Sodium 766.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.3 g