1/1 Photo of Rosé Sauce With a Twist
I made this wonderful sauce yesterday and served it with this special Ravioli stuffed with Blue cheese that I bought at the supermarket; fantastic meal. Dr Jenny has a similar recipe but I played around with it and came up with this rosé sauce with no tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup skim evaporated milk
- herbs, of your choice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In saucepan sauté shallots and garlic until softened.
- 2Add roasted red peppers and cook 2 minutes while stirring.
- 3Stir in canned milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- 4Add herbs; I used fresh basil, parsley.
- 5Simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Puré using your hand blender.
- 8Put your sauce back on low heat
- 9Mix water and cornstarch and stir into sauce; simmer until thickened.
- 10Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- 11This sauce can be made the day before;stored in the refrigerator and heated in the microwave at 70 % for 5 minutes.
- 12Toss hot sauce on your favourite pasta.
- 13Have some freshly grated parmesan cheese on the table.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosé Sauce With a Twist
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 1018.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g