Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this wonderful sauce yesterday and served it with this special Ravioli stuffed with Blue cheese that I bought at the supermarket; fantastic meal. Dr Jenny has a similar recipe but I played around with it and came up with this rosé sauce with no tomatoes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup skim evaporated milk
- herbs, of your choice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In saucepan sauté shallots and garlic until softened.
- Add roasted red peppers and cook 2 minutes while stirring.
- Stir in canned milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Add herbs; I used fresh basil, parsley.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Puré using your hand blender.
- Put your sauce back on low heat
- Mix water and cornstarch and stir into sauce; simmer until thickened.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- This sauce can be made the day before;stored in the refrigerator and heated in the microwave at 70 % for 5 minutes.
- Toss hot sauce on your favourite pasta.
- Have some freshly grated parmesan cheese on the table.