Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This comes from the June 2009 issue of Bon Appétit magazine. Cook time is chilling time, but its best to make this a day ahead. Posted for Mexico - ZWT #5.
- 750 ml bottle rose wine
- 4 (680.38 g) can pineapple juice
- 2 (652.03 g) can guava nectar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 473.18 ml fresh pineapple, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 oranges, halved through stem end and sliced thinly, crosswise
- ice cube
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large pitcher.
- Save out some of the orange slices (about 12) for garnishing and add the remaining slices to pitcher.
- Cover and chill for at least 6 hours, but preferrably overnight.
- Fill glasses with ice, pour sangria over, garnish with remaining orange slices, and serve.
This is a nice refreshing drink. A friend had given us a bottle of rose wine as a gift (and we do not care to drink rose wine) so I was looking for a recipe to use it up...this was perfect!
I used guanabana in place of the guava. Very good and refreshing! Thanks Kim!