Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I came up with this recipe the other day. They were the appetizer zt my daughters Birthday dinner. Everyone loved them.
- 12 large mushroom caps
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh French bread, processed into coarse crumbs
- 1 shallots, finely minced or 2 tablespoons onions
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Wipe any dirt off mushrooms with a damp towel.
- Gently remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop.
- Saute mushroom stems, shallot and garlic in butter and oil until all are soft.
- Add red wine and cook until almost just slightly moist.
- Remove from heat and add fresh rosemary and sage.
- Put bread crumbs in medium sized bowl and add cooked mushroom mixture.
- Mix together with chicken stock.
- Add cheeses.
- Season to taste with salt and lots of fresh ground black pepper.
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture and place in a buttered 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 20 min at 400.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake about another 20 minute If getting too brown cover loosely with foil.