Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Really easy and very yummy sauce that goes so well on a nice juicy steak.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 10 g butter
- 1 shallot
- 284 ml double cream
- 100 g Roquefort cheese
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- ground black pepper
- Finely chop the shallot.
- Cut the Roquefort into cubes.
- Gently heat oil and butter together in a small saucepan and add the chopped shallot.
- Still on a low heat gently fry until the shallot is soft but not coloured.
- Stir in the Roquefort, brandy and the whole tub of cream.
- Stir over a low heat - don't let it boil or it will be too thin.
- Add some freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- If the sauce does looks a bit too thin then just add a teaspoon of 'Mc DOUGALLS' thickening granules!
- Pour over your steak straight away and enjoy! Mm Mmmm.
oh goodness. this is one rich, luscious sauce! dh just loved it! i did add some garlic...cuz i can't make anything without it! i served it over blackened steaks with "Recipe #194863" and "Recipe #55244"!! we had quite a bit of sauce left over, so we poured it all over our pasta and i dipped my onion rings in it...couldn't let that sauce go to waste! yummmmm!! thanks for posting such a killer sauce! we will be making this often. Made for fall 2007 pac contest!