Recipe by Barb in WNY
I've had this recipe for a long time, yet to try.
Top Review by Tea Girl
This is a rating for the sauce alone as I am not a big fan of egg pasta. The sauce is really great, creamy, flavourful, but not overpowering. It is a very easy and fast recipe (I only needed 15-20 minutes) that doesn't taste it. I have made it twice now and can see making it again in the future when I want a good pasta sauce that isn't tomato or pesto based. Thanks for sharing. :))
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, prepare noodles as label directs.
- In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, stir in flour until blended; cook 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk, cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and is smooth.
- Add pepper and 1 cup crumbled Roquefort, cook, stirring just until cheese melts.
- Drain noodles, return to saucepot. Add sauce to noodles; toss to coat well. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.