Recipe by Barb in WNY
An appetizer to be made in the future. Cooking time is the refrigeration time.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water.
- Let stand 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir over very low heat until dissolved; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and Roquefort.
- Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in mustard, onion, and dissolved gelatin.
- In a small bowl beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into cheese mixture.
- Spoon into a 3 or 4 cup mold.
- Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- To unmold, dip mold to a depth of contents in and out of warm water for 3 or 4 times.
- Invert onto a small platter; remove mold.
- Serve with crackers.