Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These tempting little morsels go well with soup, shrimp gumbo, or as hors d'oeuves. Bet you can't eat just one! Originally from a Houston Home and Garden magazine.
- 1⁄4 lb Roquefort cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄8 cup flour, sifted
- 1 egg white, beaten until frothy
- Mix the cheese, butter, cream, and egg yolk in a bowl with a fork.
- Then mix in flour.
- Form ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll dough out and cut with miniature gingerman cutters ( or any small cookie cutter). Mix trimmings, reroll,and cut.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and brush with egg white.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.