Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very nice dish to serve when company is coming.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 lb Roquefort cheese or 1⁄2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 -3 teaspoon minced garlic (I love garlic and use a lot)
- Season chicken with salt& pepper.
- Lightly brown on both sides in butter.
- Place chicken in a 13x9 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray (pam, etc.).
- In bowl, mix sour cream, garlic and cheese and pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes- 1 hour.
WOW!!!!! Was this wonderful!!! We love blue cheese and this sauce complimented the chicken perfectly!!! I didn't have boneless breasts so I used thighs. I baked this for an hour, I baked covered for 45 minutes and uncovered it and baked for another 15 minutes. Easy and delicious meal!!
I made this recipe due to all the great reviews. I usually look at reviews for a recipe and try the recipe. Unless you REALLY like the taste of blue or Roquefort cheese, you may be utterly appalled by it. I used both to equal out 1/2 lbs of cheese. Used thigh meat instead. Did not like this recipe at all, but like I said, you must really like the taste of those cheeses bc it's very strong.
This was wonderful! My husband usually doesn't care much for chicken, but he loved this.