2 hrs 30 mins
I served this appetizer with a mixture of crackers at our Zaar pot luck tapas party ........ everybody said that it was delicious! I used a mixture of Roquefort & Blue cheese. If your food processor isn't large enough, use an electric mixer on low speed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs low-fat cream cheese, cut in 1 inch pieces, at room temperature
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 15 -20 dashes Tabasco sauce or 15 -20 dashes hot sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- 16 ounces crumbled Roquefort cheese, cold
- 1Generously butter the sides & bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- 2Combine bread crumbs & Parmesan; sprinkle mixture on sides & bottom of prepared pan, shaking out any excess.
- 3Place cream cheese, sour cream & hot sauce in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade; blend the mixture, stopping once to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 4With the motor running, add the eggs through the small feed tube.
- 5Remove the cover & sprinkle the pecans over the cheesecake mixture; pulse once or twice.
- 6Add the crumbled roquefort & pulse once or twice, being careful that you do not overmix; pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 7Place a large baking dish, almost full of boiling water, on the bottom rack of a preheated 475F oven; place the cheesecake on the next rack up.
- 8After 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 250F - DO NOT open the oven door.
- 9After 1 hour, turn the oven off - DO NOT open the oven door.
- 10After 1 - 1 1/2 hours, remove the cheesecake from the oven & place on a rack and allow to cool to room temperature; cover & refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
- 11Before serving, run a sharp knife around the edges to loosten & carefully remove the sides of the springform pan.
- 12Serve with crackers as a cheese spread or arrange thin slices on a green salad dressed with a fruit flavoured vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roquefort Cheesecake With Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 545.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 10.3 g