Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Nigella Lawson - the Domestic Goddess shares this effortless recipe that can be prepared in a flash. I think this is an easy and delicious appetizer or snack.
- 1 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese or 1 cup saint agur blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pickled green jalapeno, from a jars
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- blue corn tortilla chips (or your favorite kind)
- Crumble or mash the blue cheese with the sour cream in a bowl.
- Mash in the avocados. If they are ripe, a fork should be all you need.
- Roughly chop the sliced jalapeños and stir them into the mixture along with the finely sliced scallions.
- Arrange in the center of a plate or dish, dust with paprika, and surround with tortilla chips.
This was so yummy. Served at Thanksgiving (I ate it but didn't make it). It was a bit different alternative to guacamole and it was really good.