Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to remake and use left over roast. Have used this as a filling for tacos, burritos, and sandwiches. Also good on top of nachos.
- 1 lb pot roast or 1 lb beef brisket, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked and finely diced (2medium)
- In covered skillet heat meat wit water, onion, bell pepper and bouillon for about 30 minutes or till most of the liquid is absorbed and meat will shred easily.
- Remove skillet from heat. Using two forks, pull meat apart into shreds. Return to heat. Push the meat mixture to one side of skillet. In the open area of skillet heat oil; add potatoes. Cook and stir meat and potatoes together in oil till mixture is heated through and almost dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use to fill tacos or burritos.
What a great way to use up left over pot roast. Great flavor! Will use this recipe again. Thanks. Made for the potluck tag game.