Recipe by GabyMex
Ropa vieja or Old cloth(in English) is a Cuban dish, really good. My husband showed me how to make it. It is really easy to make.... If you do not have a pressure pot you can let it simmer for an hour... Enjoy it...
Top Review by Sailboat Galley Chef
Best Ropa Vieja we have ever had! I wasn't sure about the extended time in the pressure cooker, but I followed the recipe pretty well (except for using beef instead of chicken stock) and the meat melted in the pot. It was absolutely delicious served with homemade black beans and white rice.
- 1⁄2 skirt steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (rotel)
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil.
- Season beef with pepper, cumin, salt and garlic salt.
- Brown meat and add garlic and onions.
- Add Rotel and water and chicken bouillon, let it boil.
- When it is boiling put the lit on the pressure pot and let it in there for 30 minutes.
- Serve with withe rice.