This is an old stand by for me, its quick and easy and can be served as a main dish or side dish. Its great with a nice middle eastern salad and a side of yoghurt and also goes well with baked lamb or roasts.This is a great potluck dish as well.Seasoning are approximate, you can adjust to suit your tastes.
- 1182.95 ml cooked rice
- 226.79 g ground beef or 226.79 g ground lamb or 226.79 g ground turkey
- 78.07 ml diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 425.24 g can chickpeas
- seasoning, are to taste
- 2.46-3.69 ml allspice
- 1.62 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml seasoning salt (more if desired) or 14.79 ml salt (more if desired)
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml diced red pepper (for color) (optional)
- Set cooked rice aside.
- In a pot combine onions,chopped garlic,seasonings and ground meat and brown, try to keep the meat from forming large clumps, you want it taco meat in consistency, so keep stirring often.
- Once its almost brown add drained can of chick peas and let meat brown.
- When meat is browned drain any remaining fat from pan and add rice and stir until well blended.
- Enjoy-- (variation to it can be to substitute chick peas for mixed can of mixed veggies).