Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one easy recipe. The chicken turns out moist & delicious with a perfectly balanced flavor. The taste does not give away the fact that it uses bourbon, beer or so much seasoning salt. Found this recipe on www.EvanWilliams.com and it is the Kentucky State Fair 2005 3rd Place White Ribbon winner from Brenda Tilley.
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 roasting chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 of the bourbon inside of chicken cavity.
- Mix the remaining bourbon with seasoning salt and lemon juice.
- Brush mixture on chicken.
- Place chicken on opened beer can in a roasting pan with chicken standing straight up.
- Bake for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes with juices from pan (when chicken's wings stand up you know the chicken is done).
- Remove from the oven, allowing chicken to sit for at least 10 minutes before removing from can.