1/1 Photo of Root Veggie Bake
Carrots, rutabaga, sweet potato, and onion team up with rice and cheese for this yummy veggie bake. If you like things spicy, use pepper jack cheese! Cook time does not include the time for cooking rice....great way to use up leftover rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup rutabaga, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice, cooked
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded and divided (If you like hot, use pepper jack)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the carrots, rutabaga, potato, and onion. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid. Add enough water to the reserved liquid to equal 1/4 cup.
- 2Combine the vegetable mixture, 1/4 cup cooking liquid, rice, 3/4 cup cheese, and remaining ingredients.
- 3Pour the mixture into a greased 1 quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root Veggie Bake
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 481.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 13.0 g