Recipe by MarraMamba
John Besh's veggie ragout to be served with his zinfandel braised short ribs. (or anything else :) ) I cook the veggies longer than he does but thats my preference
- 2 sweet carrots, washed and peeled
- 4 turnips, washed and peeled
- 2 parsnips, washed and peeled
- 12 white pearl onions, peeled
- 12 red pearl onions, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the carrots, turnips, and parsnips into pieces of about the same size and shape, preferably a medium-sized dice.
- Blanch the cut carrots, turnips, parsnips, and onions together, in a pot of boiling salted water, until tender, about 5 minutes or less. Carefully remove from the blanching water with a slotted spoon and place into an ice water bath. Allow vegetables to cool; reserve in refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
- To serve, put the vegetables in a small skillet along with sherry vinegar, butter, and chopped tarragon. Place the skillet over a medium-low flame and warm just moments before serving. Season with salt and pepper.