Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have made this recipe from BBC Good Food twice and each time I enjoyed it even more. It makes quite a bit but the leftovers reheat really well. The original recipe calls for 1/2 swede. I'm not sure what a swede is but I think it's like a turnip so I substituted one large turnip.
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large turnip, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- Place the potatoes, turnip and carrots in a large pan of salted water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until tender.
- Drain and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the butter and salt and pepper to taste.