I have made this recipe from BBC Good Food twice and each time I enjoyed it even more. It makes quite a bit but the leftovers reheat really well. The original recipe calls for 1/2 swede. I'm not sure what a swede is but I think it's like a turnip so I substituted one large turnip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the potatoes, turnip and carrots in a large pan of salted water.
- 2Bring to a boil and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until tender.
- 3Drain and mash with a potato masher.
- 4Add the butter and salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root Vegetable Mash
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 65.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g