Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and delicious take on home fries that offers a bit more complex flavor than potato home fries. Can cook the vegetables ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to use. Try with: Ham Steaks with Port and Cinnamon Glaze (also posted)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled
- 4 carrots, cut in half crosswise
- 3 parsnips, cut in half crosswise
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Place vegetables in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water, add 1tsp salt and the bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 425*F(220*C).
- Let the vegetables cool, then dice. Place them in a large bowl, add the onion, rosemary and olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper and toss to coat the vegetables with the oil.
- Place the vegetables in a single layer in a large roasting pan and cook for 35 to 45 minutes until browned and tender.