Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious when served with steamed green veggies. Rich and filling.
- 25 g butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 100 ml beer
- 100 ml double cream
- 100 g vegetarian cheddar cheese
- 450 g potatoes, thinly sliced
- 225 g turnips, thinly sliced
- 225 g sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Heat oven to 190°C.
- Grease an ovenproof dish.
- Melt the butter and add the mustard, beer and cream. Mix well and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in three quarters of the cheese mixing well.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 4 minutes Remove and pat dry.
- Cook the turnips and sweet potatoes in the same water for 4 minutes and remove and pat dry.
- Layer the vegetables in the greased dish alternating with the sauce and a sprinkle of caraway seeds.
- Finish with the sauce and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden and bubbly.