Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Per 1 cup serving: 205 calories, 2.2 g fat, 3.1 g protein, 42.7 g carb, 4.5 g fiber, 5 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by Nancygirl
I should have rated this sooner as I am printing it out to make again for a holiday party. I try not to give too many 5 stars but this is superb! It goes together easily, and travels very well. I was really generous with the veggies so I used a deep 13X9 dish. I didn't add more liquids and it was fine. It is so delicious and unique. It also looks just beautiful. Made as written.
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled yukon gold potatoes (about 3/4 lb.)
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled sweet potatoes (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced parsnips (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in an 11x7 inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, combine the broth and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Pour mixture over vegetables.
- Cover and bake in a 375° oven for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 50 minutes (this caramelizes the natural sugars, concentrates flavors, and browns the dish).