Recipe by veggieGwen
My housemate Kate introduced me to this mixture, I think she made it up herself. It's good for a cold day when you want something substantial and warming to eat. How many this recipe will serve obviously depends on how much of it you eat. I have just based it on my personal serving size.
- 2 parsnips (peeled and chopped)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 300 g butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
- 1 medium curry powder
- 1 dash water
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- chopped tomato
- 410 g tinned chickpeas
- natural yoghurt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a tablespoon (or less if you don't want it too spicy) of curry powder, the substantial splashes of water and lemon juice into a large microwavable dish and mix together.
- Add chopped veg and cover in mixture. If you want a drier curry, use the tomato puree and a bit more water. If you want it wetter, use a tin of chopped tomatoes and a teaspoon of puree.
- Microwave in 5 minute bursts, stirring and checking that it isn't drying out every 5 minutes . The full time will depend on how big the chunks are and the wattage of your microwave. Continue cooking until the veg are nearly cooked (you can check with a fork).
- Add the drained chickpeas and as much yoghurt as you want (more yoghurt and it will be creamier but less spicy and vice versa) I usually make it too spicy and then have to calm it down a bit with the yoghurt.
- Warm through in the microwave (which helps finish cooking the veg).
- Serve on rice, quinoa or couscous and season to taste with the salt and pepper.